Opal® apple spinach salad with dried cherries and toasted walnuts
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Opal® apples
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Core Opal® apples, cut into thin slices (about 16 per apple)
- Place spinach in a large bowl; remove long stems and bruised leaves. Add cherries and half of apples
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and ground pepper to taste.
- Toss spinach, half of apples and dried cherries with just enough dressing to coat.
- Top with sliced apples, cheese and walnuts.