- 1 1/2 pounds boneless rib eye steak, sliced thin
- 1 Opal Apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger,grated
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small heads Bibb or butter lettuce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds
In a mixing bowl, mix the apple, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and gochujang. Add the steak slices and stir to coat the pieces evenly. Cover and chill the beef to marinate for 2 hours.
Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Add steak to the grill pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
Tear off 2 lettuce leaves and place them on a serving platter. Spoon in some of the bulgogi mixture into the center of the lettuce with a spoonful of kimchi, a sprinkling of green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.