- 7 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 Opal® apples, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1 box of vanilla wafers, broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
Heat the oven to 375 F. In medium bowl, add ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint, honey and apples. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix vanilla wafers with melted butter. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the wafers turn golden brown. Place wafers back in bowl, stir gently and allow to cool.
Assemble ingredients into parfait glasses, 1/2 pint jars or small bowls as follows: place a layer of vanilla wafers into the bottom of the glass. Add a layer of the lemon ricotta mixture. Repeat until you have filled to the desired level. You should have about 2 layers of each.