Makes 2 cups
- 2 large opal® apples peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toss the apple in the oil and place in a single layer on a baking pan and roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer for 15 minutes, remove from heat and puree in a blender or food processor.
Note: Use enough chipotle chilies to bring the heat to the level that you desire.
Note: If the BBQ sauce is a little lumpy, push it through a fine mesh sieve.
This recipe was developed by Closet Cooking.